By now, you’ve probably read our posts on streamlining your workflows with automation and automatically sharing notes in Slack. So you probably have a good idea of how integrating meeting notes with the tools you already use, like Slack, can save a lot of time and effort sharing the information that comes out of meetings.
In this post, we’ll do a quick refresh on the importance of sharing meeting information in other tools and cover how to connect Supernormal with Slack so you can automatically share and track meeting action items in the tool you already use to collaborate with your team and track work.
The Value of Sharing Meeting Action Items
Meetings are an important part of how work gets done. They provide a space for exchanging ideas, solving problems, and making important decisions. However, the real value of meetings lies not only in the time spent together but in how information is generated, shared, and tracked afterward, especially information like action items. Here are some ways sharing action items can be so valuable:
- Streamlined Workflow: Collaborative efforts thrive on streamlined workflows. Sharing action items from meetings seamlessly integrates these tasks into your existing work processes.
- Keeping Track: Work moves fast and sometimes it’s a challenge to monitor the numerous tasks at hand. By sharing your meeting action items within a tool that's already part of your work routine, you gain the advantage of built-in reminders and the ability to mark tasks as completed. This not only ensures that tasks are not forgotten but also enhances your task management efficiency.
- Seamless Coordination: In a world where there’s always work to be done, coordinating efforts with colleagues can be a time-consuming endeavor. By sharing meeting action items within the collaborative channels that your team utilizes, you can centralize coordination. This approach accelerates task alignment, diminishes the chances of overlooked tasks, and collectively propels the team toward its objectives.
- Efficiency Boost: Integrating meeting action items within your regular workflow eliminates the need for context-switching. This translates into increased efficiency as you seamlessly transition from meeting-related tasks to non-meeting work.
Integrating Supernormal + Slack
If you’re reading this, you’re probably familiar with Slack and use it daily to collaborate in real time with your team through channels, direct messages, and integrations. Supernormal complements Slack by enabling seamless sharing of meeting notes, action items, and insights instantly. Here's how this integration works for action items and why it can revolutionize team collaboration and efficiency:
- Action Item Tracking: Supernormal allows users to assign action items during meetings and track their progress. Through the integration, you can share your action items in a private-to-you Slack channel so nothing ever gets dropped.
- Action Item Coordinating: With the Slack-Supernormal integration, action items can also be shared with a public or private channel that includes the entire team or a group so you can instantly share and collaborate on them where you already work together as a team.
Get Started with Zapier
With Zapier, you can automatically share meeting action items in a Slack channel so they are instantly delivered as soon as your meeting ends. To get started:
- Sign in to your Supernormal account or create one if you haven't already.
- Visit our Zapier integration page and type Slack into the Pairing apps search bar
- Choose the Supernormal trigger New Task
- Choose a Slack action from the list. We suggest Add Reminder if you want to automatically share your meeting action items into a private-to-you channel.
- Watch the Magic Happen: Once you've set up your Zap, Supernormal will handle the rest!
Sharing the action items from meetings is a surefire way to save valuable time tracking your work. The integration with Slack simplifies and accelerates this, enabling instant sharing of meeting action items in the tool you already use to communicate with your teammates and get things done. Get started with Supernormal for free today!