By now, you’ve probably read our posts on streamlining your workflows with automation and automatically sharing notes in Slack, Notion, Google Docs, Gmail, Airtable, Monday.com, or Google Calendar. So you probably have a good idea of how integrating meeting notes with the tools you already use can save a lot of time and effort sharing and storing the information that comes out of meetings.
In this post, we’ll do a quick refresh on the importance of sharing meeting information in other tools and cover how to connect Supernormal with Google Sheets so you can automatically share your notes in the tool you use to do non-meeting work.
The Value of Sharing & Storing Meeting Information
Meetings are an important part of how work gets done. They provide a space for exchanging ideas, solving problems, and making important decisions. However, the real value of meetings lies not only in the time spent together but in how information is generated and shared afterward. Here are some ways sharing meeting information can be so valuable:
- Ensuring Alignment: Sharing meeting notes and outcomes helps ensure that all team members are on the same page regarding decisions made and action items assigned. This alignment is crucial for avoiding misalignment and fostering a shared understanding of the team's objectives.
- Promoting Transparency: Openly sharing meeting information promotes transparency within the team. When everyone has access to the same information, it builds trust and encourages a culture of openness.
- Enhancing Accountability: By sharing meeting notes and action items, team members are held accountable for their commitments. It helps track progress and reminds individuals of their responsibilities, increasing overall accountability within the team.
- Facilitating Knowledge Transfer: Valuable insights and knowledge often emerge during meetings. By sharing this information, team members who were unable to attend or weren’t invited can benefit from the collective wisdom, fostering continuous learning and growth and defeating dreaded meeting FOMO.
Integrating Supernormal + Google Sheets
Google Sheets is a popular collaborative spreadsheet app that’s part of Google Workspace. When combined with Supernormal, this integration unlocks a new level of seamless collaboration for teams. Here's a breakdown of how this integration operates and the transformative potential it holds for team productivity:
- Instant Notes Sharing: With Supernormal, you can automatically share notes with other call participants or with a Group. We take this a step further by integrating with Sheets. Now you can instantly share notes into a spreadsheet so the right people can access.
- Central Hub for Information: Supernormal remains a centralized place for all your meeting notes but we know that you might already use Sheets as your team’s knowledge repository. With this new integration, you can seamlessly import your meeting information into the place where you keep everything else.
If you’re a die-hard Sheets user, the integration with Supernormal not only simplifies collaboration but also enhances productivity by creating a unified ecosystem where all the work that comes out of meetings meets non-meeting work.
Get Started with Zapier
With just a few easy steps, you can connect Supernormal with Google Sheets using Zapier. With Zapier, you can automatically share meeting notes or any part of notes into Google Sheets including the notes link, the gist, summary, and action items. To get started:
- Sign in to your Supernormal account or create one if you haven't already.
- Visit our Zapier integration page and type Google Sheets into the Pairing apps search bar
- Choose the Supernormal trigger New Meeting Notes
- Choose a Google Sheets action from the list. We suggest creating a Meeting Spreadsheet in Sheets and choosing Update Spreadsheet Row(s) in Google Sheets.
- Then choose the spreadsheet and the information you want to share. We suggest sharing the URL if you're using Sheets as a meeting database.
- Watch the Magic Happen: Once you've set up your Zap, Supernormal will automatically transfer the URL into a new row in your meeting spreadsheet.
Sharing information from meetings is a powerful way to enhance team collaboration and foster a transparent and productive work environment. The integration with Sheets simplifies and accelerates this, enabling instant sharing of meeting notes, action items, and insights in the tool you already use to get things done. Get started with Supernormal for free today!