Every company’s bottom line is influenced by the quality of service that customers receive. No matter how good your product is, if your customer service is terrible, your churn rates will eventually hit the roof. This is why gathering customer feedback at every touchpoint is crucial. A McKinsey report found that customer care is a strategic focus for companies and a key priority in the next 12 to 24 months. Even then, many companies fail to truly understand their customers' needs.
We've created a list of the seven best customer feedback tools to measure customer sentiment at every touchpoint to resolve this issue. Leveraging these tools should allow you to understand customer needs, improve customer experience, and drive business growth.
What is a customer feedback tool?
A customer feedback tool is software that gathers critical customer insights from different channels and analyzes them for you. Many tools are available today, like live chatbots, surveys, and social listening platforms. As long as it allows you to tap into customer needs, wants, opinions, and satisfaction levels, it's ideal for customer feedback. The goal is to gain valuable insights into customers' experiences and make data-driven decisions that enhance their overall user experience. But also to create a feedback loop from actual customers.
The mistake that most businesses make is to measure just one or two touchpoints. For instance, they ask for feedback after a sale or during product usage. But have you thought about measuring a website visitor’s experience? Or if your promotional emails are helpful? When you collect feedback at every touchpoint, you can optimize them to provide a better experience. Here’s an example from Zendesk of what the customer journey might look like and potential touchpoints to optimize:
Why is it important to collect customer feedback?
A HubSpot study found that when customers were happy with the customer service, 90% were likely to purchase more than intended, and 93% were likely to become repeat customers. This is why its feedback collection is crucial. As much as you need to rectify what you're doing wrong, you also need to double down on what's working. In addition to this, there are several other benefits of collecting regular user feedback:
- Improving customer satisfaction: Find out what customers love about a product or service and what needs improvement. When you incorporate those insights into product/service development, it enhances the overall customer experience.
- Higher customer retention rates: The top use case for customer data platforms (CDP) was customer retention. Customer feedback tools fall under the category of CDP, as it helps you understand your customer's needs, so investing in such platforms allows you to act on feedback—showing customers you care about their opinions.
- Understand customer needs and identify trends: When you can access insights from a customer's perspective, you can make data-driven decisions about product development, marketing strategies, and customer service.
- Gain a competitive advantage: A BigCommerce report found that customer feedback is a core brand value influencing a purchase decision. If a company actively collected feedback and delivered on those commitments, it increased its chances of converting customers. If you're a business that invests in this process, it could soon lead to increased market share, brand advocacy, and customer acquisition.
7 tools for curating customer feedback to improve customer loyalty
Here are seven customer feedback platforms that allow you to collect comprehensive feedback that moves the needle for your business:
Supernormal is an AI-powered note-taking tool that captures, transcribes, and highlights key moments from video calls. Users can stay focused on the meeting during video calls while Supernormal takes notes in the background.
These features are useful for capturing critical customer insights during case study interviews or customer support calls. It allows you to make data-driven decisions to improve your offerings and customer experience.
You also have the option to use meeting templates like Customer Success, Client Onboarding, and Feedback to generate a custom summary and list of action items, designed specifically for those types of meetings.
Supernormal - GPT4 Your Meetings
- AI-powered note taker: The bot captures notes from your meeting and creates automated summaries.
- Meeting templates: Access a library of meeting templates to generate summaries based on specific meeting types.
- CRM integrations: Integrate with HubSpot and Pipedrive to capture meeting notes within your customer relationship management (CRM) platform.
- Multiple languages: Generate transcripts in different languages.
- Notes and recordings are available immediately with an automatic summary and list of action items.
- Integrates with multiple video conferencing and CRM tools to simplify the note-taking process.
- A Chrome extension is available, making it easy to start and stop recordings.
- You can share transcripts using a single link or by inviting collaborators via email.
Supernormal offers a free plan for up to 20 meetings a month. The Pro plan starts at $24 for 1,000 minutes a month.
SurveyMonkey is a survey tool that allows businesses to collect customer feedback quickly and easily. By creating custom surveys with various question types and distributing them through different channels, companies can collect data on customer sentiment with high response rates.
- AI-powered guidance: Use the feature to write more precise and descriptive questions.
- Easy sharing: Share the survey using links or email or embed it on your website.
- Data analysis: Ready-made survey reports have automatically analyzed data.
- Easy to set up and get started, making it ideal for beginners
- Multiple customizable survey templates are available
- Occasionally, surveys take time to load due to the survey size.
- The pricing is expensive, especially for smaller teams looking for affordable options.
SurveyMonkey has Individual plans that range between $39 to $119 per month, depending on the features. In addition, it also offers Team plans that cost $25 or $75 per user per month, depending on the survey design required.
UseResponse is an all-in-one customer support suite designed to help businesses improve customer service. It includes an omnichannel support ticketing center, feedback community forum, live chat, and knowledge base. It enables companies to offer better customer self-service and improve the quality of their support.
- Multiple feedback channels: Gather feedback from 8+ channels with ease.
- Branded live chat: Add your branding to the bot for personalized support.
- Automated omnichannel bot: Provide 24/7 customer service with automated responses.
- Highly customizable chatbot with the functionality to turn on specific features as needed
- An intuitive structure that makes it easy to set up and integrate
- The mobile version can be less responsive.
UseResponse offers a 14-day free trial. Its paid plans include an Enterprise Cloud plan that costs $1,490 per year and an On-premise solution that costs $4,800 per year.
Glassbox is a digital experience analytics platform designed to help businesses create seamless digital customer journeys. It works across mobile apps and websites in real time and uses AI-driven visualization and analytics tools to identify improvement opportunities.
- Customer journey visualization: Augmented Journey Map analyzes your website and mobile app to find areas for improvement.
- AI-driven insights: AI algorithms capture and analyze every digital event in real time.
- Impact metrics: Collate data and understand how each event impacts business critical metrics.
- It works well for heat mapping websites and apps, giving data on what needs improvement.
- Provides detailed reports that can be segmented by audience, location, etc.
- Some of the heatmap output images don’t get captured and downloaded properly.
- The user interface is not intuitive and requires a learning curve.
You need to contact Glassbox’s team for a free trial and pricing information.
While Podium is primarily a marketing and communication platform, it also gives you feedback management capabilities. Using its messaging platform, businesses can easily communicate with customers via text messaging, web chat, or social media messaging, allowing customers to share their feedback in real time.
- Multichannel reviews: Get reviews on multiple platforms like Facebook, Google, and more.
- AI-powered tools: Automate invites and review suggestions using AI.
- Text message reviews: Prompt reviews from customers using a single text message.
- Automated operations make soliciting feedback easier.
- The mobile app makes it easier to provide on-time customer service.
- Many customers have had issues with the customer support team.
Podium offers a 14-day free trial. It has three paid tiers: Essentials, Standard, and Professional. The Essentials plan costs $298 per month for 1,000 contacts. The Standard plan costs $449 per month for unlimited contacts. The Professional plan costs $649 monthly for automation and lead routing.
AskNicely is a customer experience management platform designed to help businesses collect customer feedback. You can automatically collect feedback from every customer at different points in the customer journey through quick surveys that display personalized conversations.
- Track multiple metrics: Monitor customer satisfaction metrics like Net Promoter Score (NPS) and Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT).
- Rule-based automation: Send review requests when customers give you a high score.
- Reports: Access automated reports that can be segmented by location or branch.
- You can segment customer feedback based on products, making it easy to understand what needs improvement.
- The dashboard function allows easy sharing of feedback with other departments.
- The user interface can be confusing to navigate initially.
You need to contact AskNicely’s team to get a quote.
With Sprinklr Social, businesses can listen, triage, engage and analyze conversations across various social media channels. Users can collect feedback through surveys and 1:1 customer support.
- Manage multiple channels: Manage 35+ channels and tap into relevant conversations.
- Automated inbound triaging: Categorize messages based on intent and identify opportunities for improvement or requesting positive feedback.
- Custom communities: Create communities for brand advocates and offer tailored content.
- The reporting features are robust, and it's easy to make customized reports.
- It simplifies operations by enabling the live routing of messages.
- Features can be complex and require a steep learning curve to get started.
Sprinklr Social offers a 90-day free trial. The paid tiers include Advanced, which costs $299 per seat per month, and Enterprise, for which you need to contact them for a quote.
Gather in-depth customer feedback using Supernormal
Gathering customer feedback at every touchpoint is crucial to improve your conversion rates. With the right customer feedback platform, you can do just that.
The best way to do that is by conducting 1:1 interviews with individuals who fit your ideal client profile (ICP) and existing customers. Supernormal’s note taker records and captures meeting notes automatically, letting you focus on listening to your customer.
The AI platform integrates with video platforms like Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams, making it easy to capture these notes. Plus, it integrates with CRM tools like HubSpot and Pipedrive so you can automatically record those notes in the right place. It also highlights critical aspects you should focus on, allowing you to drill down on what's important and act on it. Ultimately, you always stay ahead of your competitors by listening to your customers.
If you’re looking for a customer feedback tool that automatically transcribes your calls, sign up for Supernormal today.