The following are some of the most famous sales quotes of all time and their meanings. These quotations will inspire you and your team to sell more and earn more.
1. "The secret of selling is to sell something you believe in. If you don’t, your customer will know it, and you’ll never get the order." —Frank Bettger
It's true that some people are just naturally born salespeople. They're outgoing, charismatic and always seem to be on top of their game. But even if you aren't one of those people, there's no reason why you can't learn how to sell effectively. Many successful business owners credit their success with learning how to sell well early on in their career or from mentors who taught them how to make sales pitches effectively.
2. "Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, What’s in it for me?" —Brian Tracy
This quote is an example of how much you can learn from observing the world around you. In this case, we see that successful people focus on helping others while unsuccessful people focus on what they can get out of a situation. In other words: they're selfish! Do your best not to be like them—instead, try using your powers for good and making yourself more well-rounded!
3. "People don’t buy for rational reasons. They buy for emotional reasons." —Zig Ziglar
You may be wondering what this has to do with sales. Many people think that selling is all about the product, but I disagree. The best salespeople don’t just sell products; they sell feelings. And these feelings are much more powerful than mere facts and figures.
When someone buys something, they don’t think “I need this widget or service because it will make my life better in a particular way”—they think “I want this widget or service because it will make me feel happier/more confident/more attractive/more successful in my career and life."
You can use Zig Ziglar's advice on emotional buying to guide your sales strategy by:
- Making sure that customers like you as a person first and foremost (remember that most people buy from people rather than companies) -Creating trust between yourself and your customer so that they feel safe trying out a new product or service -Listening carefully during the presentation phase of the sale as much as possible
4. "Sales are contingent upon the attitude of the salesman, not the attitude of the prospect." – W. Clement Stone
In the same way that you can't control how your prospect will respond, you can't control their success either. You are responsible for your own success and failure, but it starts with making a decision to be successful yourself.
5. "The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live." – Flora Whittemore
This quote is simple and powerful. It reminds us that we can choose how we want to live our lives. Every day, you make choices about what to do and where to go. These choices determine the kind of life you will live. If you want a happy life, then it's your choice!
There are many ways in which this quote can inspire us:
- Choose happiness over sadness by being positive and grateful for everything in your life
- Decide now whether or not this is the kind of person you want to be
6. "Set a goal so big that you can’t achieve it until you grow into the person who can." – Zig Ziglar
As an ambitious entrepreneur, setting goals is something you're probably doing already. However, there's an important distinction to be made between setting goals just for the sake of meeting them and creating a powerful vision that motivates and inspires. Make sure your goals are big enough to challenge yourself but not so daunting that they seem impossible. If they're too easy, they aren't motivating enough because they won't give you the drive or determination required to reach them—and without motivation, it's unlikely anyone will accomplish anything worthwhile in life (or business).
7. "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." – Ralph Waldo Emerson
When you're excited about something, your enthusiasm is contagious. And when you're enthusiastic, you tend to do better work. When faced with challenges and setbacks, it's important to stay enthusiastic in order to continue on your path toward success. If you've ever felt discouraged by something in life—your job or personal relationships—it's important not to give up, but instead find ways to regain your enthusiasm and motivate yourself again so that you can get back on track toward achieving what matters most.
The best way to keep the fire burning inside of yourself is by surrounding yourself with people who are equally passionate about what they do as well as those who believe in their dreams enough for them both parties' sakes. The best way I know how this can be achieved is by being around people who have already achieved success (and will tell me how much work went into doing so), reading inspirational stories from successful entrepreneurs themselves (or even just reading articles on Medium), keeping an open mind about new opportunities that come my way because there might be something hidden within them worth exploring further--even if it seems too good-to-be-true at first glance!
8. “Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.” – Henry Ford
Henry Ford was well known for saying, “Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right.” This quote has been used by many to encourage people to believe in themselves and their abilities. It encourages the reader to be optimistic and believe they can accomplish anything they put their mind to, even if it seems impossible at first glance.
9. “A person's most useful asset is not a head full of knowledge but a heart full of love with an ear ready to listen and a hand willing to help.” - Zig Ziglar
The quote above highlights the importance of being kind and listening to people who need support. This quote can be applied in many different situations, including work or school, as well as your personal life. When you have love in your heart for those around you, it will help you achieve success at whatever it is that you do because people will be more willing to help you out if they know that they are important enough for their needs to be taken care of first.
10. "You are the key to your success." - unknown
You have the power within you to achieve anything you want. If you set your mind to it, nothing can stop you.
Sales is about helping people, and the key to success is knowing when to listen and when to talk. Use these quotes to keep the daily fire and practice lit! If you have a good product or service, then you can always find someone who needs it!