This week, Supernormal announced that we’ve successfully completed our SOC2 audit and that we’re now SOC2 certified. We know that in today’s new AI world, data security and privacy is more important than ever. Our customers trust us with their meeting information and we’re committed to building products and processes that keep that information safe and secure, so we wanted to take a moment to share more about SOC2, what it is, and why it’s so important to Supernormal.
What is SOC 2?
Service Organization Control 2 (SOC 2) is a widely recognized auditing standard developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA). It focuses on the security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of customer data. Essentially, SOC 2 provides a comprehensive framework for evaluating an organization's controls and practices related to information security, trustworthiness, and confidentiality.
SOC 2 audits are conducted by independent third-party auditors who assess an organization's internal controls and processes against the criteria outlined in the Trust Services Criteria (TSC) set by the AICPA. These criteria are designed to evaluate an organization's ability to protect customer data, maintain the availability of its systems, and ensure the confidentiality and privacy of sensitive information.
Why is SOC 2 Important?
- Customer Trust: With data breaches and cyberattacks becoming more frequent, customers are increasingly concerned about the security of their personal and sensitive information. SOC 2 compliance demonstrates an organization's commitment to data security and ensures that an organization's security standards and practices are trustworthy.
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Many industries are subject to strict data protection regulations, such as GDPR, HIPAA, and CCPA. Achieving SOC 2 compliance aids in meeting the requirements of these regulations, potentially helping organizations avoid hefty fines and legal consequences for non-compliance.
- Vendor and Partner Relationships: As businesses collaborate with various vendors and partners, and implement new integrations, the security of data exchange becomes critical. SOC 2 compliance serves as a common language that organizations can use to communicate their data security practices and expectations, making it easier to establish and maintain strong relationships with other entities and keep information safe and secure across platforms.
- Risk Management: SOC 2 audits evaluate an organization's risk management strategies and practices. By identifying vulnerabilities and weaknesses in systems and processes, organizations can take proactive measures to mitigate risks and enhance their overall security posture.
- Internal Process Improvement: Preparing for a SOC 2 audit often requires organizations to review and refine their internal processes. This exercise can lead to improved operational efficiency, enhanced communication, and better alignment of security goals across the organization.
In an era where data breaches can have far-reaching consequences, SOC 2 compliance is not just a checkbox but a strategic imperative. It offers a structured framework and universal standards for organizations to strengthen their data security practices, protect customer information, and maintain operational integrity. Here at Supernormal, we remain steadfast in our commitment to safeguarding your meeting information, and we are thrilled to share our success in achieving SOC 2 compliance and certification with you.